DesignAgency is seeking experienced candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Senior Interior Designer. DesignAgency relies on the Senior Designer to carry out projects and elements of projects; generally under the supervision of Partners. On occasion, Senior Designers may also lead projects. They will be responsible for designing, directing, and coordinating hospitality, commercial / retail, multi-unit residential and residential projects with minimal direction and oversight, as well as mentoring and directing staff, and effectively managing client requests and relationships. A knowledge and interest in all aspects and categories of interior design is required, as well as a desire for professional growth and development. Must have the ability to work in Canada.
Senior Designers report to Partners or others as assigned.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate-high complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout.
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful, and functional design.
- Strive for efficiency and to reduce errors, and omissions.
- Generate concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding & tender phases, programs, and working budgets.
- Work with teams to develop interior materials & finish specifications.
- Coordinate all FF&E and interior architectural plans and finishes and products with the client and project consultants as necessary.
- You have the ability to translate the Partners design vision across and down through the projects you are working on
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, and client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Can work independently as well as take direction from Partners and Team Leads
- Promote knowledge sharing throughout the studio including conducting seminars and presentation to share best practices.
- Assist in the development of project goals, targets and schedules.
- Direct and review design development, construction documents and shop drawings for content, accuracy, and overall design integrity.
- Use Ajera to accurately track time and activity on each project.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
- Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate in quality reviews of projects.
- Mentor project designers, intermediate designers, and interns in design practice, office standards, and policies.
- College-level degree (interior design or related field)
- Experience with a wide selection of advanced and various sized interior design and/or architectural projects
- Knowledge of design resources and evidence of creative sourcing and creative problem solving
- Ability to supervise and direct project teams with minimal oversight
- Ability to mentor and direct staff
- High level of CAD proficiency
- Skilled in In Design, Sketch Up, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching
- Strong client management skills and experience
- Must be positive, team-oriented, flexible, and productive.
- Knowledge of Ajera is beneficial
- Hospitality design experience preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of industry experience is preferred
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
We offer a competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please apply via BambooHR, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.