DesignAgency depends on Project Designers to carry out projects under the supervision of Senior Designers. From time to time, Project Designers may also lead project teams. The company relies on Project Designers to collaborate with their colleagues to design, execute and deliver great projects and develop excellent client relationships. They are expected to consult with Senior Designers and Principals on any design, technical, production, scope or client issues of which they become aware. Project Designers are required to manage their project time, and meet the firm’s targets for time expenditure and billing for themselves and their project teams. Ideally, we are looking for someone with at least 2 years of design experience, with a preference given to hospitality experience.
From time to time, Senior Designers may also assign others to supervise Project Designers.
To be considered for advancement, Project Designers will:
• Demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility for components of larger and more complex projects under supervision of Senior Designer or Team Lead
• Possess a distinctive design ‘personality’ and receive strong positive feedback from clients and peers alike
• Successfully manage client demands and exceed client expectations, earning the client’s trust and respect
• Bring their enthusiasm for and interest in design trends and issues to the creative dialogue of the firm
• Actively contribute to improving the firm’s design and technical quality
Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
Role and responsibilities
• Strive for design impact, innovation and function
• Participate in the development of approaches, concepts and designs that exceed client expectations
• Produce or direct the creation of renderings and presentations that attract and inspire clients and team members
• Design and execute components of projects of moderate complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout under supervision of Senior Designer or Team Lead.
• Work to master the development, continuity and detailing of design concepts
• Develop a strong mastery of appropriate construction techniques
• Develop high-quality drawing and documentation sets that are clear, comprehensive and consistent
• Strive to reduce rework, errors and omissions
• Contribute to the design dialogue in the firm
• Lead by example, motivate and develop design teams that consistently deliver great design, technical quality and client service
• Contribute the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality or client service
• Create sound relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers to promote repeat business
• Demonstrate excellent personal time management
• Use Ajera to deliver projects on target